Unit 4 – Reflection 1: My Web Folio

The process of creating the web folio was interesting because it required looking at previous assignments. From re-reading, I can see that my writing has grown over the past months. I also reflected on how I feel much more comfortable now writing in formal writing than I was before. When writing for this web folio, there was not the same hesitation I used to have because I feel comfortable writing in this style now.

I decided to create my web folio with an intended audience of employers. I am graduating next year so this was a good opportunity to showcase my work. Compared to the first blog we created, I put more effort into completing this because it contained all my assignments. I wanted to make a blog reflective of the effort I put into this course. While I am not familiar with web design, I did my best. I added photos and links that I felt were appropriate for each post/section. I played around with colours and designs so I could create a look I felt satisfied with. Because I now understand how blogs.ubc.ca work, I did not struggle with posting or navigation.

The most interesting part of this assignment was re-editing past work. I felt proud when I realized I could easily spot mistakes or areas that I would change now that I have learned more. It was also surprising to see how much work had been completed for this class. The growth is visible, which is one aspect I really enjoyed.