About Me

Beginning the program, I never would have expected the need to take an English course after my first year requirement of English 112. However, as my time in undergraduate studies is approaching the end, I find that I am seeking opportunities that require formal introductions, emails, applications, as well as the need to develop connections through online platforms. I have a strong passion for research in sociological and physiological aspects of kinesiology. I am fascinated by the physical aspects of the body throughout times of leisure as well as intense exercise, but I am also drawn to psychological and sociological aspects of physical activity. I am confident that each job, volunteer, and academic opportunity I gain in the present will provide me with the necessary skills to explore where my interests will guide me.

While preaching wellness to others, I genuinely believe in the value of being a well-rounded student. Therefore, while striving to maintain a high academic standing, through which I was able to receive the TREK Excellence Scholarship, given to domestic students who achieve sessional GPA within the top 5% of UBC, I also hope to seem to excel in other areas. As an alternative to merely studying human movement on paper, I am also an ACSM certified personal trainer, as well as a kickboxing instructor. It is immensely rewarding to be able to apply what I learn in lectures and books on clients, friends, and family, and to actually be able to make positive differences in their health and wellbeing.

I also believe that wellbeing extends beyond academic and professional achievements, where one continues to learn beyond just work. I take pride in my interests as a thrill-seeker, which has led me to experiences that reading will never be able to provide. Whether if I am trekking through a 12 hour hike, or preparing to jump off of into a 160ft abyss, or merely sitting for hours to complete a paper, I believe and appreciate the fact that the learning never ends.

Just a smile that says “I’m ready to learn about the human body by lunging off a bridge”.  (Whistler Bungee)