Easy as One, Two, 3.1 Phillip Lim

As a consumer with a passion for fashion, designer clothing that looks way more than it costs is definitely the dream. Phillip Lim and Wen Zhou, founders of 3.1 Phillip Lim, are determined to provide an escape from reality and bring customers a step closer to this unattainable dream through 4Ps. (news)

Price, partnership, positioning and production contributes greatly to the 60 million USD revenue generated by 3.1 Phillip Lim in 2011. Along with perfect timing and direct consumer retailing, the importance of operational management (positioning and production) is evident in the company’s success.

To consumers, there’s no better news than what Phillip Lim is offering, however, it is still not enough. I had to learn this the hard way. After reading the article, I had high hopes and was excited to hear that this designer clothing pricing was affordable. Despite my greatest efforts, I failed to find anything that was at a price I or any of my friends and family would be willing to pay. While I salute 3.1 Phillip Lim for their dedication to supplying accessible and practical designer clothing, I still long for the day I can agree with the designer’s definition of “affordable”.