Letter of Application

Chae Rin Yang
999 Seymour Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 3M1
chaerinyang@gmail.com

September 16, 2019

ENGL301 Technical Writing
University of British Columbia
2329 West Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

Dear ENGL301 classmates:

I am writing to enquire about the opportunity to work with you as part of a professional writing team for the duration of ENGL301. I am currently enrolled as an undergraduate student pursuing Interdisciplinary Studies, specifically focusing on Economics and Political Science. I believe that all-round nature of my multi-disciplinary degree which encompasses various academic disciplines will bring benefit to a respectable editing team for the term.

As part of the editing team for the Iona Journal of Economics at UBC, I have rigorously edited and gave feedback to formal research papers. I believe that my editing skills from this experience will strengthen our academic interests as a team.

Furthermore, I have first handedly experienced formal communication in a professional environment through interning at large corporations such as the Korean Development Bank and Rajah & Tann, one of Asia’s top law firms. There, I have drafted various types of writing including legal documents, spreadsheets, correspondence, and translated documents. These opportunities have allowed me to further consolidate practical skills for effective communication.

I believe that as a professional team, all members should show respect, consciousness, and integrity. However, I also do strongly believe that open-mindedness is essential for group work, especially with regards to collaborative feedback in order to create efficient and successful papers and documents.

Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to hearing back from you all.

Sincerely,

Chae Rin Yang

301 Chae Rin Yang Letter of Application