Community Field Experience 2020

Hello everyone, I’m Mr. Walsh, thank you for visiting my CFE project. In this web space you will find some of my contributions to the education system of British Columbia compiled between the beginning of May and the end of June in 2020 during BC’s response to COVID-19. When it became apparent that viral spread had become a global pandemic, all community field experience plans were changed. Teacher candidates were called to display unique abilities while practicum expectations were tailored individually to each TC. Simultaneously, we were given the opportunity to propose and create our own CFE projects.

Here, I’ve compiled material specifically made with hope that it circulates among educators and inspires others to share how they are adapting to rapid worldwide shifts in education. This web space also acts as an online location to quickly access all the research packages I have collaborated on during my Bachelor of Education program at UBC, and all the resources used in creating this material.

Table of Contents:

1. Teacher Profile

2. Online Learning Plans

3. Instructional Material

4. Tech Tutorials

5. Lesson and Unit Plans

6. Research Packages

7. Non-Instructional Resources

This project would not be possible without the help and support of:

• The TELL-3C cohort of 2019-2020
  • The teacher education office at UBC, including all staff and instructors that worked with me personally
  • The school advisors, faculty advisors, and tutorial leaders affiliated with the UBC faculty of education
  • The staff, students, and families of the schools in which my practicum took place

Next Section – Teacher Profile