Are YOU Canadian?

I’m Canadian. And apparently so are my oats.

As I recently found out, these yummy oats of mine have now been repackaged and relabeled as “100% Whole Grain Canadian Oats” in the Canadian market. That’s right folks, these ain’t just 100% Whole Grain oats, but 100% Whole Grain Canadian oats! Pow.

So my favorite breakfast is now filled with 100% goodness of whole grains and Canadians and Canadian pride…But it wasn’t always like this.

Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Oats Packets Ready in 1 Minute

The box used to look like this, but with the new Canadian-ized packaging, maple red has replaced the old pinkish-red and blue, the Quaker in the logo has a different look (which I’ve made a mental note to further investigate), and the title overall just boasts a prouder, more dignified Canadian feel. With that said, beyond the box, the two lines of oats are still exactly the same in taste, nutrition facts, and serving size.

…Nothing like some nationalism in my breakfast products every now and then. Or everywhere in my food products or my Facebook news feed, for that matter.

So what about you? Are YOU Canadian?

1 thought on “Are YOU Canadian?

1. This is a thought provoking blog – well delivered, read a lot of what you’ve written. Great stuff.