Welcome to My Crib

Now that I’ve introduced you to this beautiful city, I want to welcome you to ‘my crib.’ I’m one of those people who pictures my dream home and makes it a reality through my Pinterest (shameless plug – check it out, it’s pretty amazing if I do say so myself).

When I walked into this apartment, I felt like I was walking into my Pinterest dream. The location, the decor, the aesthetic…it was everything I’d ever imagined in an apartment and I couldn’t believe I got to live here for the next couple months. I still can’t believe it!

fullsizeoutput_3dc2 fullsizeoutput_3dbd

Finding housing in Copenhagen is actually very difficult (more difficult than Vancouver even). Copenhagen Business School (CBS) offers approximately 350 spots for 850 exchange students and I unfortunately was unable to get housing through CBS. Rentals are very expensive and hard to find (if you have trouble, housing-related facebook pages might be your best bet). A lot of people I know ended up renting AirBnbs for the duration of their stays.

I was incredibly lucky that my roommate, a mutual family friend, had a room free in this beautiful apartment and let me stay with him in one of the most beautiful and convenient areas of the city – Frederiksberg. I’m so grateful and so excited to be able to stay here and I couldn’t be in better hands than those of my roommates who are making sure I get acclimated and am staying out of trouble.