Assignment 2:2 – Peer Review & Form for Linkedin Profile

Peer Review Sheet – Assignment 2:2 Linkedin Profile

This review sheet is intended to help guide you through your reviewing process. The questions will help determine how to improve a Linkedin profile and make it as appealing as possible.

Name of Reviewer: Jenny Bachynski

Author’s Name: Bara’a Alabbas

Linkedin URL: www.linkedin.com/in/alabbasbaraa/

PROFILE PHOTO AND HEADLINE:

Use your answers to these questions to construct a paragraph summarizing the information:

1. Did you find the photo to be professional?
  2. Does the type of photo lend well to the field of work? Example, an artistic field may justify a more creative photo.
  3. If the photo is not effective, how could it be improved?
  4. Does the headline give you a clear idea as to the type of experience the person has?
  5. Could the headline be improved in any way?

There isn’t a profile picture currently, so I highly recommend adding a professional photo as soon as possible. You have added a nice custom banner which is a great touch. The use of your custom banner and the fact that you are studying creative writing, might lend to a more artistic (but still professional) photo. Your headline is very concise and effective.  

SUMMARY:

1. Did the summary feel like an appropriate length with an adequate amount of information?
  2. Could more information be given about the person? If so, what kind of information?
  3. Is the summary too detailed, or is information given that we could put in a different section?
  4. Does the person give clear information about the kind of work they are seeking?

You have added some very relevant and important information in your summary. I would suggest making the summary a bit more descriptive: what type of working are you interested in pursuing? What has lead you to study in two very different fields – psychology and creative writing could be seen as a unique combination.  Tell us more about yourself personally and what has lead you to have your experiences. I would also specify your strengths and build on that to create a more well-rounded summary.

EXPERIENCES AND EDUCATION:

1. Are the experiences organized in an attractive way?
  2. Are there sufficient descriptions of the experiences and what they entailed?
  3. Are there any experiences that seem unnecessary to the person’s field of work?
  4. Is there any way that the descriptions could be improved?

Your experiences are organized in a very pleasing way. It is nice to see your work experience in chronological order – this makes it very simple to read through and get a clear idea of what you have done. The job descriptions are very accurate and place you in a positive light. There isn’t anything specific that I would suggest adding, as I feel it is very effective as is. Great job!

SKILLS, ACCOMPLISHMENTS, AND INTERESTS:

1. Are these areas filled out as fully as possible?
  2. Do the interests and skills pertain to the line of work they are seeking?
  3. How could these areas improve?

I would highly recommend highlighting more of your skills. The skills that you added are excellent, but you can be a lot more specific.  For example, your degree is focused on psychology and creative writing – two disciplines that involve a large amount of writing- but you haven’t listed any sort of writing as a skill. Think about skills that you have that you don’t necessarily think are career skills; employers can be looking for things that you might not assume. Perhaps you are good at drawing? Your customer service skills in retail may have helped you gain skills in window design. These are the types of things worth mentioning.

OVERALL AESTHETIC:

1. Is the look of the profile clean, sleek, and avoids overstimulation?
  2. Is there anything aesthetically interesting that stands out? Is this a positive thing?
  3. Can anything else be added to create more interest?
  4. Are the words and jargon being used appropriately?
  5. Does the writing come off unique and personal, or are there certain parts that seem generic and forced?

I find your profile very clean and easy to read. I am not overstimulated or feel the need to skim over things. As mentioned before, I like the custom banner, but do suggest adding a profile picture as soon as possible. Once you decide what sort of jobs you will be pursuing, I would try and tailor the profile picture to that. I believe that would add interest and personality to your profile. When adding more personal information to your summary, I suggest using language that really speaks to you and doesn’t come off too “business-like” – we all fall into the trap of using words like “hard-working”,  “driven”. Etc.

FINAL IMPRESSIONS:

1. How clearly does the profile represent the person?
  2. What area needs the most improvement and why?
  3. What area is the strongest and why?

I think that the experience section and the sleekness of this profile are the strongest elements. I would really focus on adding more personality to your summary, and not selling yourself short in the skills department. If you think about your skills in a more specific way, you will be have lots of  impressive things to offer. Lastly, I would try to think about the types of jobs you are interested in. That will help you add more specificity to the overall profile.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:

Feel free to add anything else constructive that would benefit the author.

You are on a great path to creating a really engaging and interesting Linkedin page. I believe that a couple of my suggestions will help you open up a bit more to create a really personal and standout profile. Great job thus far, and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Peers: please find attached a PDF of my Peer Review Template, as well as a link to Bara’a Alabbas’ Linkedin profile.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alabbasbaraa/

Peer Review Sheet – Assignment JennyBachynksi