LinkedIn Peer Review for Kaylee

Date: 2019-02-15

Peer Reviewer: Ayazhan (Aya) Makhambetova

Author: Kaylee Jeong

LinkedIn URL: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kaylee-jeong/

Hello Kaylee,

I would like to thank you for your LinkedIn Profile submission. Your profile is very impressive and professional. I would like to offer some feedback in hopes to improve your profile for potential employers.

First Impression

My impression of your LinkedIn profile page was very positive. You seem to have created a contextually clean profile that was easy to read. Your summary was detailed, but simple which condenses the whole profile. Experiences section was in chronological order, and the education section was straight to the point. Looking into your past experiences, your passion to contribute to healthcare field is evident, which many potential employers would see it in a positive manner.

Design & Visuals

Profile Photo

Your profile picture is warm and welcoming. It shows confidence and style for potential employers. However, I would like to suggest a brighter picture, with the major focus on your face when applying to a high-level position.

Layout

The layout you have chosen is great. It will intrigue potential employers to continue scrolling down the page to understand you better. I would like to suggest that your education section be under the summary section, as it would highlight the fact that you are an undergrad.

Company Logos

The company and association logos, such as a logo you have for Laboratory Assistant position at Korea Institute of Science and Technology, are usually a great visual tool for employers to visually understand quickly what the job is about. Maybe you could consider adding them to your other jobs.

Content

Effectiveness of the Summary

Your summary is very clean and informative. You clearly explained what you want to do and how your background fits in that role. However, I would suggest making your summary shorter, since visitors of your page might not have time to read the whole thing.

Level of detail

The general level of detail you have given is very high. Summary seems a little long, but generally it is to the point and easy to follow. Your descriptions of work and volunteering experience are effective and clean.

Volunteer Experience and Achievements

I have noticed, that your volunteering experiences are relevant to your main goal of contributing to healthcare field. Perhaps you can expand on your volunteering experience, by adding details and description of your responsibilities.

Grammar and Expressions

Your profile is largely without error in grammar and tone of expression. It is highly professional and efficient.

Education and Courses

Your education background seems a little bare. Perhaps consider adding your Biochemistry degree in, as you have mentioned it in your summary.

Conclusion

Overall, your profile is eye catching and very appealing. With some minor tweaks and some additions, your profile will catch potential employers’ interests.

To summarize my suggestions:

• Consider shortening your summary section
  • Consider adding company logos in the work experience field
  • Consider adding details to your volunteering experience field
  • Consider adding your previous degree to your education section

It was my pleasure peer reviewing your LinkedIn profile and I hope my suggestions can help you. Please feel free to contact me for any questions.

Enclosure:

Kaylee’s LinkedIn Profile

LinkedIn Peer Review Template – Ayazhan Makhambetova

Thank you,

– Ayazhan Makhambetova