Posted by Riana Ang-Canning on behalf of the wonderful, Debbie Oon.

April 15th is just around the corner, which means that our Admissions office is gearing up to ensure that all admissions decisions for high school students are out and ready by Friday! This makes for a very busy week evaluating students and ensuring that all Personal Profiles are read and scored. This also means that our Personal Profile reading season is coming close to an end. This year, we have read over 52,000 profiles, compared to 47,000 profiles at this time last year.

Sean and Verina, two of our top Admissions readers.  Camilla, another top reader, refused to be photographed.
Sean and Verina, two of our top Admissions readers. Camilla, another top reader, refused to be photographed.

So, how many people does it actually take to read 52,000 profiles? That would be over 220 readers made up of Admissions Advisors, Enrolment Services Professionals, dedicated alumni, and staff across the faculties and service units. On a weekly basis, the volume each reader reads can range from 10/week by an alumni, or up to 80-100/week by very dedicated ESPs and staff members.  The commitment each reader has put in, big or small, makes a huge difference in getting us to where we are today. A fun fact: our reader with the highest volume is a staff member in Science, who has read a total of 1,285 profiles alone!

If you are a reader, I hope that this process has been enjoyable for you and has offered a glimpse into the life and experiences of our young applicant group. It certainly helps me better understand the students we work with on a daily basis. The rewards program and gift card giving process has also started, so if you haven’t yet received your reward, rest assured that it will be coming to you shortly. That said, I did get a security call from the bank asking if I intended on purchasing such large quantities of gift cards…

Many thanks to each of you again for your time and commitment to this program. We truly could not have done it without you and I hope that you will join me again in this craziness next year!

Cheers,
Debbie