A1 Analyst Report: Tinkergarten

Hello, ETEC 522. I have prepared my analyst report on an online platform designed to create and facilitate outdoor play-based learning opportunities for early learners, ages 2-8. This was of special interest to me since I work in a district that offers many outdoor classroom options for families, which ties into the community’s common ideology of environmental stewardship and connection. The Tinkergarten platform allows families to access outdoor learning lessons through curriculum guides, online classes, and a community of users.

I was originally creating this in a Google site but when I saw Piktochart referenced in the Twitter event hosted by the micro-learning group last week, I decided to check it out. The platform looked good and presenting the information as a micro-learning inspired info-graphic seemed like a great idea. You can find the info-graphic here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10gY_3mMg77MLuA8ke1DIIPEeDqkjT4kb/view?usp=sharing

2 responses to “A1 Analyst Report: Tinkergarten”

1. michael orlandi

Hi Paul.
    I have never heard of Tinkergarten. Thank you for sharing. Sounds like a pretty incredible program that would fit nicely in the core competencies of the new curriculum. The service package that supports at home learning caught my eye. What a great way to introduce kids to the outdoors when they don’t get outdoor education in the traditional setting.

Have you used Tinkergarten while teaching on the gulf islands?

2. paul johnson

All of our schools have nature based programs for K-8, and we run an ecological high school program from Saturna Island call SEEK. For the most part the Tinkergarten programs would be preschool based, but after doing this research I will certainly mention it to our early learning coordinator. It would be a great way for early learners to be involved in play and nature-based learning.