Bitsboard

Originally posted By inhee kim on September 15, 2019

Bitsboard is a learning app that includes 28 different formats- “boards” to learn and play games. Teachers or students can create their own games to practice vocabulary, match, sort, practice spelling, and so much more. It is a very straight forward app to use. There are already pre-made boards that teachers can also use. The settings on Bitsboard can be modified to fit all types of learners. You can customize the sound, the speed of questions, add photos of your own choice, and even record your own voice. Teachers can also view student’s progress on Bitsboard, whether it is how many words they can spell correctly, or if they can match the picture and word correctly. It can be easily be downloaded on mobile devices (phones or ipad/tablets). Most of the applications on the Bitsboard can be used without internet, but you will need access to the internet to browse the catalog (premade boards).

I have used this app with my students on modified programs. It was easy to modify the number of questions they can complete. I was able to see if students were making progress, or needed more work in a certain area.