Online Portfolio Platform FreshGrade

A1: Online Portfolio Platform FreshGrade

By stephanie kwok on February 10, 2019

For my Analytical Publishing Project (A1), I created a critical analysis video of the online portfolio platform/learning management system FreshGrade. It is something I have been testing with my students this past year at school, and I have received positive feedback from students, their parents, as well as fellow teachers. In my video, I introduce the app and review educational benefits and potential disadvantages that I have experienced and come to learn about during my time using FreshGrade. Overall, I think there is definitely a lot of potential for online portfolio/LMS systems such as FreshGrade particularly for students in grades K-12, as it develops important digital literacy skills necessary for 21st century online learning.

My video can be accessed here:
https://youtu.be/5QpWo82VE3M

3 responses to “Online Portfolio Platform FreshGrade”

1. TYLERSENINI

I selected this post because FreshGrade is a tool that students and teachers can use to collaborate on showcasing student learning. This would be a collaborative learning space as the students learn with the teacher on how to select what pieces best represent their own learning and how to place them into their online portfolio. FreshGrade has continued to adapt and become a favourite tool of teachers and students. FreshGrade allows parents a window into the classroom where they get to see what their child is up to and ensures those home conversations move from “What did you do at school today?” which would follow with “I don’t remember,” to “tell me more about this artwork you posted.”

1. Jamie Ashton

I only learned about Freshgrade through an MET project last year, and I was impressed. Have you used it in your classrooms? Any feedback from parents and students about the user experience and how it’s made the classroom more mobile (in the sense that the work gets moved beyond the classroom walls)? Would be curious for insider information 🙂

1. TYLERSENINI

Hi Jamie, I have used it every year I have been teaching. I love it. I am going to be doing my first assignment on it. Students love it, Parents love it. Once you can educate your students on how to upload artifacts its pretty simple. Parents love getting notifications on their phones allowing them to see what is happening inside the classroom rather than waiting 3 times a year for report cards.