A1 – MyBlueprint

Original post by Jennifer L on October 11, 2019

I have chosen to analyze MyBlueprint for my A1 project. MyBlueprint is an online portfolio, similar to FreshGrade, that the Vancouver School Board started investing in. My school has volunteered to pilot this program, so this project came at the right time! In the video, I tried to include mobile, tablet, and desktop views of MyBlueprint.

View the video below, or click here: https://youtu.be/6_vAozBzBu4

2 responses to “A1 – MyBlueprint”

1. jungwhan cho

This is a video created by Jennifer. There are many student digital documentation tools out there – FreshGrade, Scholantis, MyBlueprint, Seesaw. While I do appreciate these tools can document students’ learning, I have encountered many challenges (lack of in-service, the frequent crashing of the application as well as ensuring student data is protected). While I haven’t used MyBlueprint, it looks promising.

2. jungwhan cho

Original comment by Kimberely Seto

Thank you Jennifer for providing us all with a clear breakdown of how Blueprint is used. My school is slowly adopting this app into their classrooms and as with all new digital platforms, this takes some time and persuading for teachers to pick up. One thing I think that elevates Blueprint above all its other competitors is the ongoing online profile that students can take with them as they progress through the grades. I wish I had something like this when I was in grade school as I would have enjoyed seeing the changes and my progression from Kindergarten.