Strategic Intelligence: visual research framework

At the very end of my research for 5G I encountered the World Economic Forum’s Strategic Intelligence feature that provides a visual framework for its insights curated by top universities and organizations and machine learning. It was helpful to see a map of topics and subtopics related to concepts I’m not familiar with, and I will be using this in the future as I research emerging technologies. There are tons of topics to explore, and you have to see it for yourself – the embed for this site would not work in WordPress, but here’s a link to the main topics page.

With a free account, you can use the framework to explore or the search to find publications, videos, data, and you can narrow the search to some degree. You can also embed an API widget after requesting a key from the WEF. Paid individual accounts at 30 euro a month allow you to create your own frameworks and personalized content – the cost for organizations however is fairly steep and involves an application process – 7,500 euro quarterly or 24,000 euro annually.

Happy researching!

3 responses to “Strategic Intelligence: visual research framework”

1. Jane Wu

Thank you Mel! This is such a great resource! My first impression was, oh, it is kinda like the “vitualthesaurus”, but it is much more. It is like a mini (vitually) version of what we have been doing for weeks – the OER resources websites but all in one!

2. Meipsy Shackleford

What a great resource! Thanks for sharing this with us. I played around with it a bit and there is so much information available even with a free account. I like the interactive framework where you can just click on a topic and it pulls up another graphic of information and access to videos etc.

3. Pascaline Natchedy

Thanks Mel for sharing this link with us! Even with the free account, you can have access to many recent articles, data, videos and audio files. What a great find!