Introduction – Vera Xiong

Greetings everyone~ Hope you are all enjoying the fresh start of 2021. My name is Vera Xiong, I came to Canada in 2016 to further my study and completed my first Master’s degree in 2017. Later I started working at a Christian University in Vancouver BC. After working for a few years, I felt a strong need to recharge myself and keep learning new things.

Therefore, I decided to apply for MET. This is my very first course in MET, so I’m half nervous and half excited about this journey. Honestly, I’ve been really enjoying reading your intros. Hope we will be learning from one another through online discussions and forums.

All the best!

Vera

6 responses to “Introduction – Vera Xiong”

1. johannes dirk wielenga

Hey Vera, nice to meet you. Welcome to your first of many great courses in the program! If you haven’t done so already, make sure to check out the MET facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1298574516881296/ . I find that while it’s not too active, when people have questions about the MET program, people are keen to respond and help you out. Enjoy the journey!

1. zheng xiong

Thanks for the friendly reminder Johannes, I’ve submitted a request to join the group, hope to get in soon and being in the bigger community.

2. Seo-Whi Kwon

Hi Vera, It’s nice to meet you!
    I am in my first year of the MET program as well. I look forward to working and learning with you!

1. zheng xiong

Hi Seo-Whi, nice meeting you too. We are together in this.

3. lyndsay barrett

Hello, Vera! This is my first course as well. Lifelong learning is so inspiring – I get what you mean about a “need to recharge myself.” What was your first Master’s degree in?

1. zheng xiong

Hi Lyndsay, nice meeting you virtually. I was in Master of Arts in Leadership, mainly expanded study on Transformational Servant Leadership theories and real life practices. Everyone is a leader, they can lead in small way and in big ways, whether at home or in the office, you see leaders everywhere. I guess what I learnt more was more understanding of how people lead and how leadership matters. You are also very brave embarking on this new journey! Let’s make it fun and enriching.