One response to “Mobile Learning: Converting Old and Designing New”

1. Feras Alachek

Hi Elizabeth. Thank you for the beautiful presentation on mobile learning. At first, I was a bit confused when I read the title and started with the mini-course because I felt that the title is broad. Then, the big picture became clear while I was browsing the sections. I have to say that your work is very organized and concise, and I really liked the comparison between the three platforms. I wish you included more details about some of the technical/design features that each software provides as I am curious about exploring all of them more deeply. I also appreciate that you briefly referred to microlearning in the third section (on which I presented a critical analysis) and the rationale behind not choosing to shift to mobile-centred learning in some situations. To that end, I argue that although there are scenarios where it is not best to cater training via personal mobiles, the opposite seems to be more prevalent. Do you think that mobile-based learning will overshadow other forms in the near future?