Hello, my new virtual world!

Hi, my name is Maria and I currently live in Montréal, Québec. I teach English as a second language to mostly young students from all over the world online. I create my own digital lessons and mainly focus on personalizing and using gamification to deliver fun and effective content. I am also interested in student-led learning and being a facilitator as an educator to assist students in asking the proper questions. I have a BA in English literature and I am eager to move forward and learn more about education in the 21st century.

I am an Armenian living in Canada since 2016. I love nature, experiencing different parts of the world, and learning new languages. My plan for summer 2022 is to explore different camping sites with my partner and learn about mobile and open education while enjoying the sun.

I believe open education is an interesting area to explore. Mobile education is extremely important, especially with digital natives, which is most of my students. I can’t wait to learn more about it alongside an interesting group of individuals. 🙂

Fall is so beautiful in Canada! The picture was taken by me @Mont-Tremblant
Mobile capture of myself and my partner @Mont-Tremblant

4 responses to “Hello, my new virtual world!”

1. sebastien renald

Wow, Maria! What a cool profile. I really want to learn more about your online teaching with students from all over the world. I’ve been in camping mode for 5 months now, it’s a great summer project for you and your partner. Looking forward to working with you this summer. 🙂

1. Maria Agop

Bonjour Sebastien! It’s really fun getting to know people from all over the world from the comfort of my office chair. Looking forward to learning from you. 🙂

2. JenniferPetrovics

I too am an online teacher that works in Golden, BC. My goal is to learn more about mobile and open learning as well while I explore BC camping in the summer. Nice to meet you Maria.

1. Maria Agop

Hi Jennifer, nice to meet you too! Do you teach for any specific online teaching companies? I started teaching for VIPKID six years ago and that’s when my journey started in teaching online. I hope you enjoy your summer camping! 🙂