2 responses to “Perplexity”

1. Rich

Hi Joel,
    It’s nice to see some diversity starting to emerge with different AIs. As you say, this could be more useful for education or similar applications where references may be required.
    I am not sure about the LLM technology behind the curtain, but I think the AIs that don’t have to cite their sources may be able to become more sophisticated faster. I would think that some of what the leading LLM AIs like Chat GPT are doing is scouring the internet and sorting massive amounts of information and putting together pieces of the best of what we know into an ‘original’ answer – in theory. My point is that they are likely producing a result that can’t be narrowed down to a few sources in most cases. Anyway, just some thoughts, but again this is why it is great to have diversity in the market place to let the best ideas win. Thank you so much for introducing me to this new Chat Bot, I am certainly going to test it out.

2. Jazz Chapman

Hi Joel,
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention again. I keep on hearing about it but it always goes to the back of my mind. I really like that it tells you where each of the pieces of information comes from instead of something more randomized. It would really help students to expand on certain topics they are still unsure about and it will show the importance of cross-referencing sources.
    I will surely be investigating this further.
    Jazz