Rip-Mix-Feed Infographics as Storytellers!

I was introduced to Piktochart by my student teacher this year. She had our students create infographics about foreign ad organizations. The students loved the project and the finished work was incredible!

It’s a great tool which I have used in other ways as well. It was very useful to compile information for a website – and Piktochart allows the infographics to have live links, so it’s easy to adapt it for other roles! I really wanted to be able to show that this program can be used in any number of ways to share information – whether fictional or non-fictional! The drawbacks are very minimal – it’s a great tool to use.

I am working on a story for my multimedia project and thought I would explore how Piktochart could be used to tell a story, so here is my infographic story, sharing five of my favourite things!

6 thoughts on “Rip-Mix-Feed Infographics as Storytellers!

1. Hey Sarah,

I’m definitely one for visuals and like the potential that infographic programs like Piktochart have. These graphics really are changing the way we interact with information and making it much more accessible, interesting and visually charming. Our eyes are a powerful tool and infographics play on that fact nicely (like your example does 🙂 .

Matt

2. I agree with Matt that majority of people are visual learner and this is the reason why pictures and videos go viral so fast even though tons of people are blogging and tweeting but very few become very popular. Using infographic journals is a great way to teach reading, writing, and technology skills. Good job 🙂

3. I had never heard of this site before. It seems promising and I may try to get it used in my Geography classroom (as well as perhaps my final project!). Thanks for sharing this!

• It’s SO easy to use! We actually used it in another course to outline the webpages because it’s so visual! I love its flexibility!

4. Love the Piktochart Sarah! I have really enjoyed using Piktocharts to illustrate lessons and as effective visuals on websites.

Laura