Padlet – Rip.Mix.Feed

I’ve successfully used Padlet in my classroom for two semesters. Padlet is an online bulletin board which allows those invited to add content or information.  The application allows the users to add text (similar to a post-it note), images, videos and PDFs.  The best feature of Padlet is the collaborative nature of it (reminds me of a google doc).  The teacher or instructor would need to create an account and provide students with a URL or QR code to access the correct bulletin board.

Here is a link to my Padlet page designed by the students (password: MDOF203).  This was developed for a class on Provincial Health Care Billing.  The students were asked to define the required elements of a physician’s billing claim (not the most exciting topic, but the use of Padlet created a higher level of engagement for the students).  I posed several required elements of a claim and students worked collaboratively to define each element and add in any additional relevant information they could locate.  Together, they posted links to a webpage for more information as well as an online video and a PDF of required content.   When the bulletin board is complete, Padlet allows the creator to download the information in either an excel spreadsheet, as an image, or as a PDF.  I chose to download the bulletin board as a PDF then uploaded it into the LMS for ease of student access.

Since I have last logged on, Padlet has additional packages available to users, although I did attempt to create a new account and managed to create a bulletin board without purchasing or submitting my credit card information.  The additional levels provide different background options and access to tech support.

Padlet is extremely versatile and can be used for any subject.  There are a few bugs, the biggest complaint is the bulletin boards not loading.  It seems like the company knows about this and is working on it.  Personally, I’ve never had an issue with this.

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 1.34.34 PM

5 thoughts on “Padlet – Rip.Mix.Feed

1. Ronaye, I too have used Padlet with my grade 5/6 students for vocab words and I agree with you that kids loved it as it lets you include images and videos. Thanks for sharing your work. 🙂 Mehdia

2. Hi Ronaye,
    Padlet looks like a very interesting website. I have used a similar idea, Linoit, but I like the security of Padlet. It seems like they have thought about some of the privacy issues related with schools and education. I like how they are adding features (probably paid) but things like data analytics are pretty useful to keep an eye on participation etc. I can see why your students enjoyed it, it’s a fun new way to collaborate.
    Catherine

3. I am fairly new to padlet, but have incorporated it into some other MET website resource creation projects. I love the idea but had not considered using it with my gr. 4/5 students! What a great example!

4. Very nice Ronaye! I think this would even be useable at my grade 2 level, for vocabulary in various subject areas. Thanks for sharing!

5. Thanks for sharing your experiences…I believe the limits of your imagination are the limits of this application.