Fion Lee's Blog

Live your dream

Fion Lee's Blog header image 2

Buy Back.

February 23rd, 2011 by Fion Lee

I was watching TV on monday night, catching up on some..gossip. 😉
And I came across this advertisement by Best Buy:

I laughed out loud right at that moment because it was SO TRUE!
Technology just moves like WHOOOSH and BAMM!
With the related videos, I clicked into their ad with Justin Beiber and Ozzy Osbourne

The Best Buy Buy Back program (tongue twister!)  reduces the post-purchase dissonance by a lot!
They guarantee their customers that they don’t have to worry about not catching up to the latest technology because Best Buy will  advance with them! With this program, customers won’t have to hesitate or research on when will the next technology release because with this program, they can just get it FIRST, and then get the  latest one when it comes out. And on and on and on. They also utilized celebrities as an analogy to how “new replaces old”. Justin Beiber walks out and tells Ozzy Osbourne that, “I’ll take it from here”.

I find this program PERFECT for people in generation X and especially Y. Since they are the ones who actually use the latest technology: smart-phones, video game consoles, portable media player. With the reduction of buyer’s remorse, they will less likely to feel guilty or thinking of getting the “latest technology” as a reduction of purchasing power or opportunity cost. Even though there WILL be a better alternative out there, “soon”, but no worries, you don’t have to regret when there’s BEST BUY BUY BACK!

Tags: No Comments

Leave A Comment

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.