Fion Lee's Blog

Live your dream

Fion Lee's Blog header image 2

Blackberry or iPhone.

February 9th, 2011 by Fion Lee

Last summer, I was deciding between the Blackberry Bold 9700 and the iPhone 4 (was going to be released in a month at that time). Due to social influences: friends were using Blackberry, and they were emphasizing on how “BBM” was extremely convenient and useful. This expands onto Jessica Malinab‘s blog about BBM: Communications for All Lifestyles, I agree that RIM did an excellent marketing campaign on promoting Blackberry Messenger and making it convenient to communicate between people. So after all the peer pressure, I got the Bold 9700. However, I only used it for 3 month, and my friends got the Torch 9800 for me for my birthday. I really appreciated what they got me, but at the same time, I felt that I was pushed into a dead end and cannot return. I WANTED AN IPHONE!!

I found this interesting statistic from Triangle Business Journal: Poll: BlackBerry, Android users want iPhone.
“The numbers among BlackBerry owners were even bigger, with 32 percent saying they are very likely to get a Verizon iPhone as soon as it goes on sale and another 34 percent saying they are somewhat likely.”

Why is that? Why after using 3 months of BBM and all of a sudden, I wanted to switch to iPhone? Not just me, but also 32% of Blackberry owners agreed. iPhone apps has always been the killer for iPhones. They are always new, fun and interesting. So people tend to look at the stuff that COMES with the phone rather than the phone itself. They don’t have A LOT of marketing campaign but just a video posted on their homepage that hypes up everyone into desiring their products. (even with or without the glitches.)

Well, iPhone5 is coming out, hopefully in the summer. And this changes everything, AGAIN.

Tags: No Comments

Leave A Comment

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.