Fion Lee's Blog

Live your dream

Fion Lee's Blog header image 2

Ivivva.

March 31st, 2011 by Fion Lee

I just had my marketing presentation today, and saw a presentation by my fellow classmates about Ivivva by Lululemon.
Not just the invigilator, I’ve never heard of Ivivva as well! Well maybe because I wasn’t their target market, or nothing close to that. Their target market is preteen females aged 6-12, who are sporty, outgoing and active. Well clearly I’m none of that but its there are some interesting facts pointed out from my fellow classmates during the presentation.

“Why would you launch a separate store where preteen females can’t afford to pay alone?” Yes, of course, their mothers HAVE to go with them, and why not put the Ivivva line IN the Lululemon Athletica store?

But as Sunny Freeman’s post on “Lululemon taps into tween market with Vancouver launch of Ivivva brand” stated,

“She does not want to wear what an 11-year-old wears and she doesn’t want to be in mommy and me outfits.” Mark Rosen, an analyst with Accountability Research Corp. said the move to diversify from yoga wear is savvy.”

Good point, I personally wouldn’t want to wear something that a 10-year-old teen is wearing. It’s either I’m too childish or she’s too mature. As my classmates stated, they would want to eliminate the Ivivva stores and have the brand incorporated in Lululemon Athletica. However, is that what the consumers want? They might not like the idea of “mommy and me outfits” or they actually feel comfortable shopping at Ivivva with their friends since its a unique store and brand tailored to them.

Tags: No Comments

Leave A Comment

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.