Limitations

There are a few potential limitations to this particular inquiry question. The first is based on what my practicum schools policies are for the use of cell phones in the classroom. As far as I have observed, the use of cellular devices are permitted at the discretion of the instructor. It is up to me as the instructor to ensure the devices (when needed) are used effectively and solely for the task at hand as opposed to allowing the task to regress into something with no educational benefit (Hill, 2014). The second limitation is that the socio-economic status of the students may determine whether or not a student as access to a mobile device or tablet. Students should be made aware that the devices are simply a learning tool, and the use of the device should not be required for any homework assignments. Devices should be shared between students and problems or tasks should be solved collaboratively. Finally, due to the short amount of time that application based technology will be incorporated into the P.E. curriculum, students peer and personal connection scores may inflate due to the excitement of the relative freshness of the material. This could potentially lead to a convoluted conclusion with regards to the results obtained over the course of the long practicum.