French placement and registration:
—Which French course should you take?
—Is FREN 102 the right course for your level and requirements?
—If not, which one would be more appropriate for you?
—What to do if a class/section is full?
Undergraduate French Advising (Department of French, Hispanic & Italian Studies)
—and their FAQ

● Questions about language & distribution requirements:
Faculty of Arts > Academic Advising > Degree requirements: the language requirement
NB: you may satisfy the language requirement with any of thirty-odd languages taught at UBC (not just French); by taking (a) course(s) up to the requisite level, or by taking a proficiency test; the latter is also an option for languages not offered in UBC courses
—If you are not in the Faculty of Arts (Commerce, Engineering, Music, Science, etc.) and have questions about language and distribution requirements, please consult Academic Advising in your home Faculty or School

THE MAIN “HELP” PAGE: FHIS + UBC resources, support, & care: useful links
An A to Z (not actually in alphabetical order on the page itself) of where to find information and help for everything in UBC life:
—academic advising
—access and diversity
—accommodation for disability
—financial distress
—French (Department list of tutors, Learning Centre)
—Indigenous student matters
—international student matters
—Ombuds office
—respectful environment
—safety, accidents, emergencies
—sexual assault
—stress, anxiety, sleep
—student support, including how to help other students
—university policies, procedures, rules, regulatioms