Application Letter

Geneviève Bolduc
123 Real Street,
BC, Canada, V6T 1Z4

May 21, 2020

Classmates of English 301
123 Fake Street,
BC, Canada, V6T 1Z9

Esteemed Classmates,

I am reaching out today to offer my technical skills and to seek out a dedicated and professional writing team for the duration of the semester. In this posting, I will outline my relevant interests, present an accurate reflection of my strengths and weaknesses, and share with you my learning philosophy. To download a word document copy of this letter, please click this hyperlink: 301 Genevieve Bolduc Application Letter .

I am a fourth-year student in the Bachelor of Computer Science program at the University of British Columbia. I have taken the core requirements of the program, exempting the present English class which I hope to navigate with you. In my studies, I am particularly fond of algorithms and how they can be applied to solve wide-ranging sets of real-world issues. I have had some professional experience in this field, completing an eight-month co-op at Avigilon, a Motorola subsidiary. My role was to adapt software products to the linguistic, cultural, and technical requirements of various markets. Volunteering has also consistently figured in my life as I have helped produce local comedy shows (Geeks versus Nerds) and coached roller derby youth (Vancouver Junior Roller Derby).  I hope you will consider my experience as an important asset in the search for teammates. I consider myself an eloquent writer and communicator. I do not shy away from considering the weight of words, their meaning and their impact. This is useful in a class based around communication. In terms of work habits, I follow-through on the tasks I assume. This reliability is vital to group projects and you may hope to benefit from it. However, I am not a quick responder. I am currently employed and have many responsibilities to attend. Due to this, I must set boundaries on expectations of response times along the lines of a 24-hour or 12-hour turnaround depending on the proximity to deadlines. If these are like your expectations, please consider me a keen and eligible prospect. My learning philosophy is relatively simple, it can be summarized into two concepts, listening and practicing. Listening is key in understanding the ideas that are being taught as well as the needs of others around you. Practicing is the only way to apply learning and rehearse and enhance skills.

Overall, I hope the different aspects of my professional and academic l interests, as well as my strengths, weakness and learning ideology have resonated with you. If interested in collaborating, you can reach out to me at the following address: genevieve.bridge.bolduc@gmail.com.

Best Regards,

Geneviève Bolduc