On Creating a Web Folio

The most wonderful aspect of creating the folio was consolidating the information and highlighting the things that distinguished my accomplishments. It was challenging to parse exactly what to bring to the front and choose what to present on what platform. Once I was diving and writing, it felt positive to give context to the work I’ve been doing over the past few years. And after scrutinizing my work, it was important to put the right information on the right platform. Luckily with the Technical Communication textbook, the instructor’s blog and the peer review feedback, honing what really mattered started falling into place.

The importance of the web folio itself is undisputable. In the current work landscape and the remote shift of many industries in the wake of Covid-19, providing online accessible resources such as this project are more important than ever before.

One exciting thing that happened while I was creating the web folio was that the job I applied for offered me the position. This was a tangible result of compiling my resume and cover letter. Putting in measured efforts really does pay off!