Biography

Geneviève Bolduc (She/her)

I am currently a fourth year student in the Bachelor of Computer Science program at the University of British Columbia.

My academic interests are wide-ranging in the field of computer science, though I definitely harbour a particular interest in the design and analysis of algorithms. Puzzle-solving is what originally drew me to this academic path and the study of algorithms are a playground for such an activity. I regularly collaborate with peers to perform Leetcode challenges and mock technical interviews. Moreover, I also enjoy learning about the tennets of quality design patterns and how to avoid smelly code.  My professional hopes are to use my code building skills to create products or service that have a meaningful impact in the world.

Beyond the core classes that teach such skills at UBC, I was able to hone my abilities during an eight month term co-op at Avigilon as a localization developer. In my role, I developped automated tests that navigate through the user interface of various software products. I worked on the software products and commited any error fixes pertaining to localization.  Getting familiar with these different pieces of testing and building are at the forefront of my professional interests.

Finally, a key aspect of my academic and professional interests is collaborating with people. I have a rich professional management background and notoriously love to work in teams. I am interested in being a part of a professional setting where employees work together, uplift good ideas and amplify a diversity of voices.