Unit 2: Reflection

Looking into best practices for LinkedIn profiles, in the context of ENGL 301, helped refine my personal LinkedIn page. I had created a LinkedIn account many years ago but until these exercises, I had not applied much thought into polishing it. Thanks to these exercises, I was able to find a more suitable profile and cover picture. I had also, until that point, omitted the summary which is a key feature in prospective employers getting to familiarize themselves with an individual. I look forward to making new professional connections with this shiny new profile.

Preparing my proposal was motivating because I genuinely believe it can uplift the interviewing caliber of my club peers and myself. It also really helped me focus what I was hoping to achieve. My outline was a different experience because it was fairly rushed. I was checking my deadlines by lesson rather than by unit on the ENGL 301 course website. Because of this, I didn’t realize until too late that some of the assignments of 2:3 predated and shared a date with some of 2:2 assignments. This is a lesson learned for the coming weeks so I can map accordingly and give the upcoming assignments the attention they deserve. I look forward to revising my outline.

When it comes to how my investigation will become my formal report, the one concern I have is how I am going to thread the bibliographic research with the surveys. I think that will need to come from the analysis and perhaps leaning on the readings to support the data collected from the surveys or to address the concerns expressed in the survey. I think that will come to light in the next two weeks, hopefully.

Getting feedback regarding my proposal from the peer review conducted by a team member, was primarily useful for grammar, syntax, and language formatting. I have attached my revised copy here. I did not receive much conceptual feedback with the exception of clarifying one concept for the audience, so I have to believe I am on a the right track!

When I composed the peer review for my partner probably, I could have done more minute observations. I focused on higher level issues I noticed in the proposal but in doing so, did not address every component of relevant feedback. My partner did as much in my review and I am taking away those lessons of completeness and detail in my writing.

Overall, working through the second unit of the course was a little bumpier than the first but I look forward to taking my new tidbits of knowledge into the third unit.