Email to Matthew

To: Matthew Shen
Subject: Prospective Writing Partner

Dear Matthew,

I reviewed your blog and carefully read your application letter. In doing so, it was evident we share a common outlook on team projects and how to successfully collaborate. This is why I would like to extend a formal invitation to my professional writing team.

Although our fields of study are different, it is clear by your existing professional responsibilities that you can manage time effectively and demonstrate the self-discipline necessary for the completion of this class. Similarly, I work and have additional responsibilities that must be skillfully integrated into my schedule. This is why I was so pleased to read that your respect for deadlines is absolute. Moreover, I believe some of my strengths will be complementary to your weaknesses and vice versa. You highlighted your challenges with graphic representations of ideas. As a computer science student, we consistently represent problems visually. In fact, most technical interviews require us to graphically represent problems and solutions on whiteboards. If we are called to do visual representations, I will be able to step up. In this same vein, your attention to constraints as part of your learning philosophy will uplift the team and ensure that we are meeting the exact requirements. I hope you will be able to join us and contribute in this way.

Please respond to this offer at your earliest opportunity. I look forward to this prospective collaboration. You can find a copy of my application letter attached here .

Thank you,

Geneviève Bolduc