Letter of Application

by jenny zhang

4400 Corless Road

Richmond, BC V7C1N3

(604) 767-7382

j.zhang.8@alumni.ubc.ca

15th September 2019

ENGL 301 Technical Writing Class

University of British Columbia

2329 West Mall 

Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

Dear Future Teammates:

Please consider my application for a position on your writing team, as advertised on the English 301 blog. I am currently a fourth year student majoring in Mathematics and a minor in Economics. I plan to contribute towards my writing team by different ideas and putting in the work to accomplish our assignments.

Most of my previous writing experience has been in writing research and term papers and essays from both English and Economic courses. I also have experience with poster presentations and slideshows, from Economic courses. I have experience working in teams from previous courses both online and in person. I am well aware of the importance of meeting deadlines, as well as communication among team members. I am excellent at sticking to a schedule as I have good time management skills. A weakness of mine is that I tend to shy away from leadership roles. Despite this, I will still be an active contributor in any team activities. 

My learning philosophy is that learning is meant to be collaborative and engaging. Collaborative learning allows us to come together with our respective strengths and mitigate our weaknesses. Being engaged allows students to have a more meaningful learning experience. I look forward to being exposed to different perspectives and new approaches to problem solving that comes with team activities.

I would appreciate the opportunity to be considered for a position on your ENGL 301 writing team. Thank your in advance for your time and consideration. If you believe that I am a good fit for your team, please contact me via email at j.zhang.8@alumni.ubc.ca. I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Sincerely,

Jenny Zhang

301 Jenny Zhang Application letter