RE: “Customers as your promoter” — so cool

When customers are willing to promote a company, the company has reached a notable status: popularity.

I definitely agree with Winnie Woo’s blog post, where she discusses about Whole foods being able to effectively differentiate themselves from other organic grocery stores by projecting store values amongst their customers. Whereas, their store value consists of company sustainability: natural, organic, GMO free and company shared values: redefining productivity in value chain, such as everyone wants to live a healthier life. Thus, it is no surprise why the best promoters and marketers are their customers. In addition, I would like to note that a local company in Vancouver has also managed to effectively dominate the market all thanks to their customers and their use of social media: Earnest Ice Cream.

Earnest Ice Cream managed to become one of the hot cold favorites in the ice cream business and it’s not just because of their sustainable use of natural ingredients. Earnest Ice Cream was able to manipulate and take control of the social media trends, as social media trends can sway and alter customers’ thoughts on a product (in other words, a very essential marketing tool). As, I go on Instagram, I can see my friends posting pictures of their Earnest Ice Cream and captioning it as “I hope it lives up to the hype” or “I finally get the chance to try this.” Overall, Earnest Ice Cream is a very photogenic product.

As a result, what really drives Earnest Ice Cream to success is their use of packaging: mason jars and paper banners. Although, their packaging is very minimalistic and simplistic, it is currently very “in” in the social media trend right now, due to its vintage appearance. Hence, with this simple appearance they have successfully differentiated themselves from other ice cream brands, from boring white plastic container to a trendy reusable mason jar.

Read article of Earnest Ice Cream using its popularity to advocate democracy:

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/11/feed-democracy-campaign-menu-earnest-ice-cream/