Response: Apple and the iPhone 4s

After reading Grace Kim’s postApple – Introducing Siri on iPhone 4S, there was a strong suggestion that the new iPhone 4s is a failure to apple and a disappointment to the public, I somewhat agree and disagree to that comment. Since Apple has been revolutionary in the IT technology, it is disappointing how they did not put effort in changing the physical shape of the iPhone. But they did expand tremendously in the field of voice control. Many phones have had that function for the past few years, but none of them were even close to Apple’s Siri. So I think that at least the idea of entering and expanding the field of voice control is commendable. It is not futuristic to imagine a phone that is intelligent enough to communicate with us in the next few years.

Not only that, I personally think that Apple might have purposely released iPhone4s with not many improvements to build up the huge surprise and gap between 4s and 5. It might be a marketing strategy, while earning the profits from the keen Apple fans who will buy the 4s anyways, then releasing the 5 to attract the current 4 holders and taking profits again. So in my opinion, the release of 4s is more of a disappointment but also a build up for iPhone 5.

Word count: 199

Apple – Introducing Siri on iPhone 4S