The Quest for Free Pizza (success)

For AMS First Week (Sept 6~ Sept 16 to be exact), AMS has this thing on snapchat (@ams_ubc) where they post to their story about different food stores in the Nest giving out free food at random times. If you show them a screenshot of the snap, tadaa you get free food!

It was kind of like trying to catch pokemon…

“WILD FREE BUBBLE TEA @ 3 PM HAS APPEARED.” “OH TOO LATE, WILD FREE CHICKEN WRAPS @ 5PM HAVE RUN AWAY!”

My friends and I tried sooooo hard to at least succeed in going to one of these events. For the first week, we failed miserably. Either none of us were at the Nest or we just didn’t get there in time. Once I was five people away to getting free fries when they ran out. I was sad.

However, today, this fateful Wednesday, things took a surprising turn.

At about 4:40pm, I was at the Nest, deciding to take an internet break after suffering through doing physics homework for too long. Immediately after I turned my internet on, I received two notifications.

“KATIE ARE YOU STILL AT THE NEST THERE’S FREE PIZZA”

The second one was from messenger, and it turned out to be a screenshot

14359701_10209013781160200_2117935007_oThe caption was “GO GO GO”. OMG PIZZA

I personally don’t have snapchat, so I have to rely on my friend (you are amazing I love you <3 ) to tell me about free food occurrences via sending screenshots and texting me frantically.

At this point it was 4:50, 10 minutes before the time the snap showed, but I thought I would go already.

Maybe I would be in the front of the line.

14339364_1147456331959388_1609594200_oHAHAHAA I WAS SO WRONG.

10 minutes earlier than the stated time, and there was already a hugeeee line at Pi[E] r^2 Pizza (this name is so stressful to look at). This is exactly what happens with my lectures (see First Week Adventures 1 and 2), I guess I don’t see a reason why this wouldn’t happen to free pizza. I’m just too naive. At this point I was panicking that I wouldn’t make it again…(I’m still sad I didn’t get my fries…)

Surprisingly somehow, I made it!!

Despite the huge line ahead of me, I somehow made it and got a slice of free pizza <3

14339888_1147462541958767_109146566_oThere were a lot of flavors of pizza, but somehow I panicked when I got to the front and asked for cheese pizza as an automatic response. Oh well. And thus I solved my dinner problem for the day. Yayyyyy

Thank you Pi[E] r^2 Pizza (This is seriously stressing me out this is like a math equation oh no am I even spelling it right) and AMS for getting me free dinner!!

I ate the pizza, and looked at the empty paper plate contently. Today was a good day.

Wait.

I still have more physics homework.

I think I should go back to doing that…