Commerce 296 – A Reflection

Through out this course they way I look at products in a store has changed. I look at them through the eye of the marketer and try and figure out why the company has released that specific product and if I think it will be successful or not based on the market they are targeting and how they are promoting to them.

It is quite interesting to hear about things in the news or see ads on the street and be able to think about the things that I learned about it this class and use them in a real life setting. I think that this is the way that material is really learned and this course has given me some tools to explore the different real life marketing strategies that are going on around us all the time.

My Professor Tamar has given life to her lectures by providing examples from her vast selection of experiences to show us how marketing has worked in real life settings. Case based learning, like this, is extremely beneficial to us students and helped us get a grasp on what Marketing is about.

Overall, I can now see that Marketing is around us all the time. No matter if you are going into an interview or walking in a mall, marketing exists. I now know how companies approach marketing strategies and use them to attract consumers. Commerce 296 was a truly valuable experience.