Essay Proposals

Hey Everyone,

great proposals today! There were so many and they went by really fast so it’s hard to get a handle on the ideas. However, Maybe we could post here some good points that people had and ways that they were received.

Personally, I really liked the point Alex made about the inwardness that Vonnegut uses in alot of his books. It reminds me of modernist writing, like Franz Kafka or Thomas Mann, that stresses the move from a spiritual world of wonderment to a a cold, calculated inward struggle.

Post your comments here!

6 thoughts on “Essay Proposals

1. alexellingboe

I definitely liked all of the proposals today. I thought there were a lot of good ones concerning the way Vonnegut uses/abuses technology. There is a lot of room for interpretation there (including in my essay). I’m interested to read some of the papers and see what everyone comes up with.

2. Cameron

For sure!
    here is the set list

1. Elton John – Rocket Man
    2. Doves – Firesuite
    3. Cherry – Ratatat
    4. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Desecration Smile
    5. Coldplay – Sparks
    6. Mike Shaw – Song For No One
    7. Animal Collective – My Girls
    8. Bob Marley – Three Little Birds
    9. Nas – If I ruled the World
    10. Akon – Sunny Day
    11. Stevie Ray Vaughan – Little Wing (cover)

Mr. Tony, please add your song

3. Tyler

Thanks eveyone for their insightful comments! One thing that I got was that I would have to do a lot of research on Kurt Vonnegut’s personal life in order to effectively deliver my argument. Does anybody have any good sources for this? Aside from wikepedia and the odd weak site, I have not found what I am looking for in terms of Kurt’s life. Oh and also, everybody’s essays are looking pretty snazzy so Im looking forward to reading them!