Kat’s Reflection

I remember from last year that LFS 250 was a whirlwind of articles, presentations, write-ups, and project business, and this year’s LFS course was no different. I always felt like I had no clear direction, even as I write this blog post. But don’t get me wrong – I had fun – just fun with a high amount of anxiety and confusion.

I learned a lot this year, mostly because I chose to stray away from my typical involvement with teaching nutrition and cooking. I thought while selecting my project preferences just choose a bunch of projects where I have no clue how to do and where ever that takes me will be great. As it turns out, I was fortunate enough to be placed in the Planning for Pollinators group where I had the pleasure of meeting some fantastic people, all with their unique backgrounds and quirks. Although I didn’t get to have as much involvement with the actual planning of the bee sites, I did get to learn a ton about bees (Did you know that there are over 50 bee species in the Lower Mainland!? I didn’t either.) So my advice to any up-coming LFS 350 students who may be reading this blog: take a leap out of your comfort zone, you (hopefully) won’t regret it.

Kat.