Applications are now open for students to volunteer for the 2017 Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research Conference (MURC), which will be happening from March 23 to 25, 2017. As you may already know, MURC is a unique opportunity for undergraduate students as it provides them a platform to showcase their research with their peers across different faculties.
MURC volunteers are integral to the success of this conference. Volunteers are given the opportunity to network with other student leaders and all the great research that is happening on campus. Volunteers will be supported by the MURC Committee and UBC Centre for Student Involvement and Careers Staff. Volunteer tasks include the following:
- Assisting with any pre-conference preparations such as organizing name tags, preparing conference programs etc.
- Assisting in the check-in of conference presenters and delegates
- Assisting in the set-up and clean-up of spaces used for the conference
- Providing assistance to conference presenters
- Representing both UBC and the MURC team in a professional manner
- Providing any other logistical assistance as required
Interested applicants may visit our MURC Volunteers page to find out more about the position and to apply. Applications close on February 25, 2017.
It is important to note that prior experience in research or working at a conference is not necessary!
For any questions about volunteering or anything about MURC, please email: email@example.com.