The BC SPCA’s annual Wildlife-In-Focus photography contest runs July 15 – September 15, 2017. We need a team of 2 dedicated volunteers to make this contest a success. Do you love B.C.’s diverse wildlife? Are you passionate about wild animals and urban wildlife? If you are self-motivated, organized and enthusiastic, we are looking for you!
The Volunteer Contest Coordinator requires a commitment of approximately two to six hours per week for the duration of the contest and includes such tasks as managing and labelling photo contest entries, daily checking and response to contest emails, and soliciting prizes for winning entries. There will also be some required commitments in advance of the contest opening and after the conclusion of the contest. Volunteers should expect the position to last from May to September.
You will be making a difference for wild animals by helping us raise funds for injured and orphaned wildlife in need at BC SPCA’s Wild ARC.
Knowledge or skills in photography and wildlife ID (birds and mammals in B.C.) is an asset, but not required.
To apply for this volunteer position, please send a copy of your resume and a brief introduction to email@example.com by April 30th. This position will be done working from home, a computer with internet access is required. Candidates should be available to meet in person in April/May.
Required skill and knowledge
- Good customer service skills
- Database entry and management
- Capable of independent work and working in coordination with a second team member
- Commitment to Animal Welfare and the BC SPCA’s Mission
- Wildlife ID skills an asset (birds and mammals in B.C.)
- Photography skills or knowledge an asset
- BC Resident, 18+ years old
- Based in Greater Vancouver, or able to meet in person in April/May
- Comfortable communicating in English
Duties & responsibilities
- Management of contest entries – including database management and accurate file labelling
- Daily email response during the contest
- Prize solicitation for winning entries
- Regular check-ins with the research coordinator
(no commitment for specific time of day required, schedule to be determined in coordination between two volunteers)
For more information please visit the website.