Health and Happiness

For the last few weeks I have been sick stressed out, feeling awful e.t.c., but fortunately this week things have been the complete opposite. My Physics assignment was surprisingly short, and I had a Psych midterm which I think went all right. Other than that I got some good marks back and I finally had time to go running, dancing and socializing. I have been to Yoga, went out to see a ballet with my friends and… a lot of things. School kind of went on the back burner which I think was a good thing because I feel ready to start this week (well first I have to finish my math assignment that is due tomorrow). With my first set of midterms behind me I have one week off  and then they all start once again. Blech…

Anyways even though it is my first week without a midterm I still have a busy schedule as the CLASS conference is going on (!!!!!), I have a bunch of meetings, and I have assignments/ quizzes due every single day of this week! Some how when I decided to go to University I didn’t think it I would get this much homework (actually I didn’t think I would get any). And I certainly didn’t expect quizzes! I thought we would just have quizzes, midterms, finals and papers. Surprise, surprise, the homework never ends!!!

Anyways food for thought, there are about 15 girls in my 80 student Physics class… that is 18.75% (Engineering courses are also at  20% females 80% guys). Us girls are completely outnumbered in this class! This seems really wrong to me.

That said, last time I checked I think slightly more girls go to UBC than guys. Why are girls who are so prevalent in other faculties so underrepresented in these types of courses??