Lots of changes are afoot!
In 2017W we are adding upper level undergraduate courses to be co-taught with graduate level courses, renumbering some of the graduate courses, and adding some new ones altogether. Starting in 2017W (we hope) there will be:
- LING 410 (to be taught along with LING 510); pre-requisite: LING 311
- LING 425 (to be taught along with LING 525); pre-requisite: LING 327
- LING 420 (to be taught along with LING 520); pre-requisite: LING 300
New Grad Courses
- LING 5XX: Phonetics; pre-requisite, LING 508
- LING 5XX: Phonology: pre-requisite, LING 510
- LING 5XX: Semantics: pre-requisite, LING 525
- LING 5XX: Syntax: pre-requisite, LING 520
- LING 5XX: Acquisition; either LING 451 or 452
LING530s will no longer be 1 year, but just single term seminars. There will be at least 3 of them offered every academic year. We are also getting rid of Ling 518.
This is all pretty exciting!