stress eating, nap taking, and rude awakenings.

*glances at post time*

you might be wondering what the heck is becky doing up at this late hour-not that she, being a full-fledged university student for all of three months now, was the type to be able to go to bed at 9pm-but 3am is quite late considering she’s been losing sleep over assignments and projects this past week.

well, let me tell ya: if you’re going to be living in a dorm building complex, you better be prepared for thrEE AM FIRE ALARMS.

i guess it’s a trade-off in being able to coexist and share spaces with thousands of other sort-of-adult teenagers from all over the world. i mean, i love meeting people in elevators and greeting people in the commonsblock and puzzling over the laundry system together in the basement. it’s practically free-friend-scoring (cough roommates) when you’re quite shy like me.

however, i definitely wasn’t prepared for the fire alarms. considering we already had quite a few this term, you’d think i’d be a little smarter about these unpredictable rude awakenings.

list of things to prepare for in case of unexpected and unwelcome emergency evacuations:

• key card. always place by door to avoid walk of shame to front desk.
  • wallet, money, identity information, etc in a safe, easy-to-grab spot
  • wARM SWEATERS
  • seriously, have more than one at hand bc the wind here is monstrous
  • socks by the door
  • extra pair of sweatpants or just warm pants within reach from the bed
  • yes, clothing is just as important as your wallet
  • PHONE + CHARGER
  • glasses. don’t forget this one.

it’s definitely way past my bedtime, despite it being a friday night-no, haha, wait, it’s saturday now, hahahaha /fades into hysterical laughter

please, kids. don’t take fire alarms as jokes, or pranks, because
a) it’s not funny
b) firefighters could have gone to places with actual fires to save actual people instead of sleepy, freezing college students huddled outside a dorm
c) climbing up fourteen flights of stairs when you’re half asleep is. not. fun.
d) people are tryING TO SLEEP

alright, my angry rant is over, and my eyes are just about to close. hopefully i can survive these last few weeks until exams. i see how despite being in a completely new environment, with completely new people around me, and completely new habits and way of thinking, one thing will never change.

how much i love, love, love sleep.

accurate depiction of college students during november.

g’night everybody, and practice safe microwave usage!