- Oct. 20, 2017: Abstract submission opening
- Dec. 5, 2017: Abstract submission deadline (extended from original Dec. 1 deadline)
- Dec. 2017: Notification of acceptance (by email)
- Jan. 6, 2018: Registration deadline. Please fill in the conference registration form here.
- Conference dates: January 19-20, 2018
- Awards will be given to the both the top oral and poster presentations! As long as you are registered to present, you will be considered for the awards.
- Award presentations will be presented during the Closing Reception at the end of the conference.
Program Schedule: TBA (Dec. 2017)
Program Schedule + Abstract: TBA (Dec. 2017)
General schedule (to be updated):
Day 1: Friday, January 19
- 4:30pm – : Coffee & Registration
- 5:00 – 7:00pm: Conference presentations
Day 2: Saturday, January 20
- 9:00am – : Coffee & Registration
- 10:30am – 5:30pm: Conference presentations + Awards Presentation
- 6:00pm – 7:30pm: Conference Group Dinner (held at a separate on-campus location)
Invited Speakers for Plenary Session:
- Dr. Molly Babel (Dept. of Linguistics)
- Dr. Muhammad Abdul-Mageed (School of Library, Archival and Information Studies)
The theme for our invited speakers for this year will be on Language as an insight into human nature:
The studies of language span diverse fields but are united by the common theme that human language provides unique insight into how we come to understand human nature. Language is cognitive and cultural, internal and external, personal and social; the diversity of approaches taken in studying language enriches our understanding of who we are. How can the perspective of your field enrich our understanding of language, as a uniquely human phenomenon?