Ahem:

[1] Jairus

Okay so this first one is for you. I know that being abroad can be super exciting (I just spent last year on exchange) but I know you can sometimes get homesick. Anyways, a close family friend of mine is from Singapore and she said that Mandala Iki (on 4th avenue and Balsam) has really good Laska. So if you’re ever missing Singapore maybe check it out! I know there are a few more good Singaporean restaurants in Vancouver as well. Let me know what you think if you end up going!

Also, this isn’t particularly ‘fun’ but it’s a good and useful tip, nonetheless. I know you’re on exchange and you’re probably not going to want to spend your whole time studying, but when midterms and exams come around you might be looking for a place to study that isn’t the library. I would recommend Calhoun’s, on West Broadway. It’s open 24 hours and has really good food and drinks. I basically live there during exams. There have been many, many papers of mine written within those walls, let me tell you.

There are so many things to do and see in and around Vancouver (also, I grew up in Seattle so if you’re planning on making a trip there, I’d be happy to tell you where to go!) but I don’t really know your specific interests. If you let me know what you’re into I’d be more than happy to recommend more exciting places!

[2] Roxy

Helllo. That’s awesome that you spent last summer in Warsaw. I was supposed to go to Warsaw last summer and visit my friend but it didn’t work out and now I am sad. But next time! Also, I’m half Slovak and I know that Polish and Slovak are pretty similar! Are you fluent in Polish? I can say about 10 things in Czech and Slovak. It’s extremely pathetic. Anyways, we have a lot of similar interests actually, but the thing that I thought I’d show you has to do with cooking. So this is kind of a silly, non-fancy food blog. But I like it. I’ve seen so many things on here that I’ve wanted to make. It’s called Fatties Delight. I seriously find myself staring at it for long periods of time when I should be doing more productive things. Anyways, if you click any photo, it should redirect you to a recipe. So it’s really nice to just be able to look through and see what looks good and then you can make it!  They have especially yummy-looking desserts that I’ve been wanting to make. Alas, I live in a tiny studio that has a pathetic kitchen and I have no oven so I have to wait until I go home… lame! Let me know what you think and if you end up making anything!

[3] Annie

Trust me, I have the same travel bug as you. I miss living in Europe so much. I need to practice my French more, let me know if you need someone to practice with! I know sometimes its hard to keep it up when you’re back home. Anyways, I thought I would let you in on my favourite brunch place, Cafe Régalade. It kind of feels like you are back in France. They have the best breakfast/brunch menu and I’m pretty sure the management is actually French. Anyways, my favourite thing on the menu is just the Parisian breakfast accompanied by a good old café au lait. Their blueberry pancakes are also to die for. They get pretty busy on the weekends but they are at 4th and Macdonald so it’s pretty close to campus if you want to treat yourself to a delicious brunch on a weekday!

Okay how embarrassing, every single one of my posts have something to do with food. I am obviously a humungous foodie. I swear I do other things with my life, but recommendations to me always mean food! Hope you guys enjoy!

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.