I’m going to see the Lorax this week (see trailer here) and I am really looking forward to it. I think the ability for the film industry to produce a movie that is appealing and accessible to today’s youth while also addressing significant environmental and social issues is incredibly admirable. The movie, based on Dr. Suess’ children’s book with the same title, addresses the ways in which contemporary industrialized society continuously neglects the environment. I am very excited to see this ‘cautionary tale.’ We all need to play an active participatory role in taking care of the environment. It is so easy to forget little things that collectively make a huge difference. That one extra moment that it takes to toss a can into the recycling rather than into the garbage. Or buying a reusable bag to go grocery shopping with. Or a tumbler for coffee or a glass water bottle. Everyone, no matter their age, should heed the Lorax’s warning: if we do not collectively take responsibility for our environment and be careful to resist being further sucked in by commercialism at expense of nature, we will slowly but surely destroy our beautiful world.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.