Reflection Blog

The peer review process is an excellent activity because it opens the writer up to the perspective of a reader, something that is not always considered when writing the piece itself. For example, in the beginning of my definition, I referred to somewhat complex financial terms with the assumption that my reader would easily grasp the meaning behind them. Esteban, however, pointed out that those terms should have been defined (albeit briefly) so that the reader could be equipped with all the necessary terms to understand the overall definition. This was the greatest takeaway I had from the peer review process.

On the flip side, reviewing another person’s work can be good exposure to different writing styles and techniques. In comparing my work to Eva’s work, Eva was much better at avoiding complex terms in defining her overall definition. This led to her piece being clear and readable by all audiences without the need for background information. Reviewing Eva’s piece taught me that in defining a complex definition, simplicity is the best path forward.

I would like to thank both Eva and Esteban, along with the rest of my group members, for their help with this assignment.

Here is a link to my revised definitions:

Revised Definitions