WebFolio Reflection

We’ve reached the point in the semester where it’s time to put the final product together. The WebFolio brings all the assignments together in one convenient, easy to access, location. This was one of my first attempts at building a professional website and, at first, creating a layout that flowed naturally was challenging. However, I am happy with how the site eventually turned out.

Above all else, this assignment taught me about the value of marketing yourself on a blog type website. Personal websites give you a medium to highlight your skills, experiences, and interests in a convenient manner. It is a unique way to introduce yourself to future employers as well as a chance to update your network on the projects that you have been working on.

To build upon this idea in the future, I’d like to continue a blog with posts about interesting philosophy passages I’ve encountered, or perhaps my thoughts on the current financial climate.

The best writers are consistently writing and showcasing their work and so the value in a blog is that it offers a chance for feedback to be received. Presenting our writing to others is the only way that we can learn about our strengths and weaknesses.