Hit the slopes: the aftermath

OMG. Boarding is so much FUN and very addicting.

Mtn

From my cellphone camera

Story of the weekend: After only 2 hours of beginner/first timers snowboarding lessons (how to properly place the boot in the binding among other basics), us being the overconfident, egotistic, adventurous people that we are, assumed we were ready for the summit. How we reached that conclusion I have no idea. I blame the rush of adrenaline from going down the bunny hill. Anyways, summit was craaaazy especially the chairlift part. Who would’ve thought getting off a chairlift could be so catastrophic? But despite all the screaming and pain, learning the hard way was quite the experience. & I mean that in a good way, we accomplish something I never thought possible!

The morning after: “OUCH!!!!” is an understatement. Every single joint, bone and muscle in my body aches. I have countless bruises, my war scars. More importantly, it HURTS to move, eat, talk, cough, laugh and breathe. So an 8 hour bus ride later, I’m finally back at UBC in PAIN with physics pre-class assignment to do, math problems to attack, and biology reading to catch up on…all the while wishing I was still on the slopes.