First Reflection

I began writing my reflections in a folder baried somewhere in Google docs. During this time I was as stressed as I have ever been in school. Since this time I have replaced this stress with hard work. Toady I am starting to find a health medium, although it is almost 8 o’clock as I write this from my classroom.

Here were my first thoughts!

WEEK 1 – Reflection

Week one is done. I have to say I am feeling the stress of getting everything done. There just does not seem to be enough minutes in the day. To get everything done that needs to be done. It is amazing to be in the teaching element full time now. My SA is one of the hardest working people I have ever met. She has set the bar high, and for that I am appreciative. I feel so fortunate, at this early point in the practicum to be surrounded by dedicated teachers.

Planning, planning, planning. I am feeling a little overwhelmed by it. But I am putting in the hours to get stay on top of things. The demands of detailed lesson planning are keeping me up late. But I am getting them done.

To reflect on how my teaching went over the first week. For the most part I think my lessons were very successful. My lessons are taking me longer than I thought they would. Many lessons are turning from 1 into 2. Although I am still learning my timing, I can definitely feel that I am beginning to settle in. The students I am working with are just wonderful. For the most part, I feel at ease in front of the class. I am getting more and more comfortable controlling the classroom using quiet technique which require patience instead of a more heavy approach.

I can’t wait to continue the practicum. The challenge has begun, and yes is a challenge. I hope I can raise myself up to the bar. I plan on giving it my all.

__________________

I will post more of my reflections from practicum over the next few days. I am find the process of reading through my notes quite interesting/telling.  Stay tuned. 🙂 I have to plan a Math lesson now.